Stripping buffer for stripping antibodies from chemiluminescent Western blots
• Conserve valuable samples - probe the same blot multiple times
• Fast protocol - blot stripped and ready for re-probing in 25 minutes
• Gentle protocol - antibodies removed without harsh reagents or elevated temperatures
• Save time - no need to re-run gels and perform duplicate blots
• Versatile - compatible with both nitrocellulose and PVDF membranes and with a variety of chemiluminescent detection reagents
Advansta's Western Blot Strip-It Buffer completely strips antibodies with minimal loss of protein. Untreated HeLa cell lysate (4, 2, 1, and 0.5 μg) was separated by SDS-PAGE and transfered to nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes. Blots were probed with an anti-GAPDH antibody (panel A). After stripping with Western Blot Strip-It Buffer, no residual signal is detected (panel B). The blots were then re-probed with an anti-STAT1 antibody.
Conserve your precious sample by reprobing one blot multiple times instead of running duplicate blots. Advansta's Western Blot Strip-It Buffer provides uniform stripping so you can obtain high-quality, qualitative data with multiple probes of the same blot. Strip-It is also compatible with most chemiluminescent reagents.
Advansta's Western Blot Strip-It Buffer is compatible with different chemiluminescent detection systems. Western blots conducted with WesternBright ECL (Advansta) or Super Signal West Pico (Thermo Fisher) were probed with anti-GAPDH antibody (panel A). After stripping with Western Blot Strip-It Buffer, no residual signal is detected (panel B). The blots were then re-probed with an anti-STAT1 antibody. Similar results are obtained with WesternBright Quantum and WesternBright Sirius.